I work in the health care field and see the consequences of injuries every single workday. This makes me hyper-aware and probably a little too paranoid of certain things. As a direct result of things I’ve witnessed:
- I refuse to ride motorcycles or ATVs.
- I always wear a helmet and wrist guards when snowboarding
- I never listen to headphones when jogging in the vicinity of cars.
- I will never climb a ladder to put up Christmas lights (also I don’t like heights)
- I have an irrational fear of chain saws and buzz saws
- I refuse to mountain bike
As readers of this blog know, I’m also fairly active and like to play basketball, weight-lift, Crossfit, and of course train BJJ. I’ve done these things long enough and bone headed enough so that I’ve suffered my share of injuries like ankle sprains, muscle strains, tendinitis, and various tweaks of this thing and that thing.… Read More